There were two pretty big events in the world of tech and gaming this week, so in this episode we discuss Apple’s latest event where they announced a new Apple Watch and a couple of new iPads as well as their decision to suddenly drop iOS 14 on everyone out of the blue. We then dive into Sony’s latest PlayStation 5 event and talk about our thoughts on the coming generation of consoles which leads nicely into a discussion about Microsoft’s xCloud game streaming service that launched this week. Finally we cap things off with some of the big mobile gaming news stories of the week.
Don’t forget to shoot us emails with any questions, feedback, or anything else relevant or irrelevant to [email protected]. We read ’em all, and love decoding messages written entirely in emoji. As always, you can listen to us with the links below… And if you like what you hear, please subscribe and/or drop us a review in iTunes. Much appreciated!
As a companion to this audio podcast, we also do a video version of the same show that is exclusive to Patreon which allows you to see us playing the games we’re talking about. Backers can view the most recent video episodes of the TouchArcade show by clicking here. Be sure you’re logged in to see the latest content. For everyone else who is curious, you can check out our public patreon posts to see older episodes of the video podcast. If you like what you see, consider becoming a TouchArcade Patreon backer.
- Apple’s September 2020 event – MacRumors
- PS5 Event: Everything Announced and Revealed – IGN
- Microsoft Reveals xCloud Launch Games Lineup and ‘Minecraft Dungeons’ with Touch Controls Ahead of Tomorrow’s Launch on Android
- Here’s a Cheap-ish Microsoft xCloud Setup for Streaming Xbox Games on the Go Even if You’re an iOS User
- ‘DOOM’ and ‘DOOM II’ Return to the App Store with Revamped Virtual Controls, Physical Controller Support, and More
- ‘Aruna’s Adventure’ is a Promising Zelda-Like Throwback Action RPG Launching September 23rd
- The Sublime ‘Skate City’ on Apple Arcade is Updated with a New Level Based on Miami, Florida