Diablo III’s Season 21 content is now live for all regions and platforms, bringing with it new class sets, item and skill changes, and season journey rewards. You’ll be able to get cosmetic rewards previously available from Season 9 as part of the content update, but there are a couple of new additions, as well.
Season 21’s theme is Trials of Tempests, and during the season your character will occasionally channel an elemental power that you can utilize for a short time. You can crush enemies with snowballs, breathe lightning, rain meteors, conjure a flame wall, or even cast tornadoes.
Those who complete the season’s journey in the Trial of Tempests will get the Stupendous Contraption pet and the Industrial Portrait frame. This is in addition to the Season 9 items that are also available for completing it.
A new Demon Hunter set is available with the season: Gears of Dreadlands. With a two-piece set bonus, you’ll gain four seconds of Momentum when attacking with a primary skill and will see increased damage with your primary skills during its duration. With a four-piece bonus, casting Strafe will also automatically shoot your last-used primary skill and offer damage reduction and increased movement speed during Momentum.
Necromancers also get a new set: Masquerade of the Burning Carnival. Its two-piece bonus means Simulacrums no longer take damage and it also gains all runes and has its cooldown refreshed upon your death. For four-piece sets, all damage is reduced by half when you have a Simulacrum and all damage you do take is split with your Simulacrums.
Diablo III continues to get new content as we approach the still-undated release of Diablo 4. The game will feature open-world multiplayer locations and a return to the darker tone seen in the second game. It will also make use of in-engine cutscenes so your character will sport the same equipment they have during gameplay.
These are the class sets granted for completing chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the season journey:
- Barbarian – Might of the Earth
- Crusader – Thorns of the Invoker
- Demon Hunter – The Shadow’s Mantle
- Monk – Monkey King’s Garb
- Witch Doctor – Raiment of the Jade Harvester
- Wizard – Firebird’s Finery
- Necromancer – Grace of Inarius
And these are the season journey rewards granted for completing certain challenges:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Lose Yourself: Kill the Skeleton King at level 70 in under 30 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Green on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo.
- Power Amplication: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.