All in! Games and The Farm 51 have announced that Chernobylite will soon be launching on next-gen consoles.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Chernobylite have a release date set for April 21, 2022. But wait, there’s more! This date also marks the arrival of the PC Enhanced Edition as well as the new Blue Flames DLC.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
Chernobylite originally launched on PC in July 2021 before leaping onto PS4 and Xbox One though some gamers will be waiting on this next-gen upgrade before pulling the trigger. Publisher All in! Games has confirmed that this will be served as a free update, whether you own the base game on PS4, Xbox One, or PC, unlocking the new, beefed up version.
But what does this update do?
Updates will introduce ray tracing and will greatly improve the game’s already hyper-realistic visuals. The next-gen versions specifically will also add two new graphic profiles: 4K (Dynamic) 30 FPS and 1080p (Ultra Details) 60 FPS and the PS5 update will additionally add features for DualSense Controllers such as advanced vibrations and adaptive triggers as well as compatibility with PlayStation’s Activity Card feature.
We’ve also learned more about Chernobylite’s upcoming DLC, Blue Flames. It will include new events and activities while also unlocking the Silent Assassin crossbow weapon for survivors to use in-game. This is the first of four content drops planned for 2022, each of which will also come in tow with premium DLC.
Here’s an overview of the radioactive shooter from The Farm 51, developers of Get Even:
- Stealth, Survival, & Combat – Survival in the Zone is not easy, and each day brings new challenges as your comrades die and supplies diminish. Avoid detection with stealth takedowns or engage in open armed combat. Danger lurks around every corner.
- Base Building & Crafting – Construct a base from which to plan your daily operations and excursions. Utilize workstations to craft gadgets, traps, and weapons, or modify existing equipment to your needs.
- Resource & Team Management – Companions are key to your survival and the resolution of your journey. Each day requires careful planning and assignment of resources and tasks to your comrades.
- Non-Linear Storytelling & Strategy – No playthrough is the same. The choices and story are in your hands. Choose wisely whether to trust your comrades or not, use resources for survival or research, and to face conflicts or avoid them. The future is up to you.
Source: All in!Games
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –
- Team Management
- Xbox One