Though the Souls-like sub-genre may arguably be reaching saturation point, this humble scribe can’t get enough of ’em. And if they float your boat, too, then we may have some good news for you. Yes, Thymesia is a new action-RPG in the vein of FromSoftware’s beloved franchise and it’s been confirmed for a 2022 release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Praise the sun, indeed!
Feast your eyes on Thymesia’s newest gameplay trailer down below:
As you can see in the footage above, the game gives off some heavy Souls vibes. From its dark and gloomy setting to its fluid third-person combat, Thymesia looks set to be a new contender in the Souls-like sub-genre.
Interestingly, you’ll be able to use other enemies’ diseases and transform them into special powers. Plus, there’ll apparently be multiple different endings to unlock, too.
While the tried-and-tested gameplay appears fairly familiar, the story sounds pretty unique. Specifically, you play the role of a “half-human, half-raven called Corvus,” who must try and “piece together his lost memories in an attempt to save himself and the kingdom he once called home.”
Developed by Taiwanese indie outfit OverBorder Studio and published by Team17, Thymesia will be the team’s debut project. Additionally, it’s worth noting that Thymesia was scheduled to arrive solely on PC next month, but the developer delayed the project and added consoles onto its list of supported platforms.
For more information about Thymesia, here’s an overview courtesy of an official press release we received today:
Team17 and OverBorder Studio have today announced that punishing action RPG Thymesia will be launching on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S alongside PC in 2022. Set in a hauntingly beautiful world, Thymesia follows the mysterious half-human, half-raven Corvus as he tries to piece together his lost memories in an attempt to save himself and the kingdom he once called home. With punishing combat focused on Corvus’ ability to steal enemies’ plague weapons and use them for himself, perfect parries, dynamic dodges, and aggressive attacks are at the core of the challenges Thymesia has to offer.
Thymesia Key Features:
– Weaponising diseases: As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
– Engaging combat: Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival
– A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesiaoozes character through its environments and setting
– Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn
– Replayability: The ability to customise Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
- playstation 5
- Press Release