For two years, pirates across the globe have set out in their droves to uncover the mysteries of the Sea of Thieves. Brave buccaneers have taken on Megalodons, repelled the killer Kraken and looted skeleton-filled Forts, forging their names into legend. More than 10 million unique players have already embarked upon this search for adventure, treasure and glory, and soon we’ll be opening the gilded gates to welcome in Steam users!
If you’re seeking the full, glorious sweep of the pirate life, you can dive head-first into Adventure mode where you’re sure to find a wealth of secrets and plunder, guarded by more enemies than you can shake a blunderbuss at. For those looking for a more PvP (Pirate versus Pirate) experience, the Sea Dogs are waiting in The Arena, where you can test your skill against other aspiring champions.
So be a bold solo sailor in a Sloop, grab your full Galleon crew or set sail with anything in between, with a range of ships and crew sizes sure to suit your voyaging needs. Keen to find your sea legs first? The Maiden Voyage will get you ship-shape with a tutorial led by the Pirate Lord himself. With all these options open to you, there’s never been a better time to dive in!
Sea of Thieves has always been about incredible pirate adventures where you never know who or what is just over the horizon, and we’ve continued to evolve Sea of Thieves since launch by adding more variety and content so that every new voyage feels rich and fulfilling as you make friends and foes on the seas. We’re genuinely thrilled to bring Sea of Thieves to Steam, and look forward to welcoming the Steam community to our game so we can share a grog and a shanty together and hear the tales of their adventures!
We’re happy to confirm that cross play will allow Xbox One, Windows 10 and Steam users to adventure together when Sea of Thieves launches on Steam, letting you assemble your perfect pirating crew, whatever their preferred platform.
You can wishlist Sea of Thieves on Steam from today, with a launch date to be announced soon. We’ll see you on the seas!
Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
Sea of Thieves is a multiplayer, shared-world adventure game where the famous ideals of the pirate life – freedom, wild adventure, self-expression and loyalty – live on. This Anniversary Edition goes even further, presenting an expanded Sea of Thieves with a host of free new content and features released during a prolific first year. This includes features added during major updates such as The Hungering Deep, Cursed Sails, Forsaken Shores and Shrouded Spoils, plus two exciting new arrivals announced on the game’s anniversary, The Arena and Tall Tales – Shores of Gold. Altogether, these bring in new enemies, new activities, new locations, new features and a whole new competitive game mode. This is Sea of Thieves enhanced and packing more piracy than ever before! Just a few of the extras included in the Anniversary Edition are:
• Immersive new story experience in Tall Tales – Shores of Gold
• Dedicated new mode for competitive play in The Arena
• New fishing, hunting and cooking capabilities
• New multi-functional ship-mounted harpoon
• More Trading Companies and voyage types
• Skeleton Ships and Cursed Cannonballs
• Megalodon enemies and loot drops for creatures
• An expanded world with volcanic natural hazards
• The Anniversary Edition also includes the free Sea Dog Pack Set Sail for Adventure…
Sea of Thieves offers the essential pirate experience, packed to the seams with sailing and exploring, fighting and plundering, riddle-solving and treasure-hunting – everything you need to live the pirate life you’ve always dreamed about. With no set roles, you have complete freedom to approach the world, and other players, however you choose. This shared-world experience allows you to play solo or form a crew, meeting other players on the seas and choosing to be friends or foes. Will you form a grand alliance, or plunder treasure from the unwary? Play your own way and create a legend to be remembered. Set in a glorious piratical world of exotic islands, hidden treasures and dangers both natural and supernatural, Sea of Thieves offers something for everyone, no matter how they like to play:
• A world of exploration – set sail upon a vast, open ocean, venturing into new regions and discovering the secrets of unspoiled islands and sunken ships. Hunt for treasure by following maps and untangling riddles, and learn to expect the unexpected…
• A world of excitement – engage in ship-to-ship crew battles with cannon, pistol and cutlass, pursuing rival ships through raging storms. Sail in pursuit of deadly skeleton bounties or ferry cargo through hostile waters where Skeleton Ships and sea monsters await!
• A world we sail together – whether you’re playing alongside friends, matchmaking to find a crew or setting out as a lone wolf pirate, you’ll have hilarious, memorable encounters in a world where any sail on the horizon could be another crew of real players.
• A world of achievement – on your quest to become a Pirate Legend you’ll amass loot, build a reputation and customise your ship (and yourself) with hard-earned rewards.
• A world of surprises – Sea of Thieves now includes all the benefits of the Anniversary Edition, including more enemies, new locations, extra features and activities, enriched storylines and a competitive game mode! More to Discover…
Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition includes all the permanent content released for the game during its first year. Enjoy features introduced in past updates, plus brand new additions such as fishing, cooking and the harpoon. Encounter the fearsome Megalodon, do battle with Skeleton Ships that fire Cursed Cannonballs and explore the treacherous but lucrative Devil’s Roar region! Also included are The Arena and Tall Tales – Shores of Gold, both debuting as part of Sea of Thieves’ anniversary celebrations. The Arena introduces dedicated competitive play for the sporting pirate who likes to test their skill, whilst Tall Tales – Shores of Gold brings a host of new storylines to the world, delving deeper into the lore of this mysterious pirate paradise. Includes the Sea Dog Pack!
For the aspiring pirate looking to shape their own legend, the Sea Dog Pack offers an excellent helping hand. Whether you want to show off in The Arena or just be the talk of the tavern, the Sea Dog Pack can make you a picture-perfect pirate with colourful cosmetics and a boost to your in-game currency. The Sea Dog Pack includes the Sea Dog Hat, Jacket, Cutlass, Pistol, Compass, Ship Sails and 10,000 gold! To learn more about Sea of Thieves and everything waiting for you in the Anniversary Edition, head to www.seaofthieves.com